Warren Township Recognizes Ernie Cottrill and the Giving Garden Project
March 25, 2015
Ernie Cottrill, founder of the Giving Garden Project at Wagner Farm Arboretum is presented with a certificate of recognition from the Warren Township Committee. Recently, the Interfaith Pantry awarded Ernie with their recognition and appreciation of the thousands of pounds of produce donated in 2014. Over the years, the Giving Garden, with the help of many dedicated volunteers, had successfully grown over 45,000 pounds at Wagner Farm Arboretum and delivered an abundance of fresh produce to the Interfaith Pantry.
Shown in picture: Gary DiNardo, Warren Township Committee person and Ernie Cottrill at the Township’s March 12, 2015 Committee meeting.
Wells Fargo Donates $5,000 to Wagner Farm Arboretum
Richard Zangara, the Branch Manager of Wells Fargo Advisors on Mount Bethel Road, presents the Trustees of the Wagner Farm Arboretum with a check for $5,000. The funds help support the Arboretums efforts to bring educational programs to the children and residents of Warren and its surrounding towns.
The generous donation was a result of a successful Run/Walk event held on September 21, 2014 sponsored by Wells Fargo. Many locals participated in the run which looped around Warren Township, starting and ending at the Arboretum. This was the first Run event held to benefit the Arboretum’s fundraising efforts. The Arboretum hopes to hold another Run/Walk like this in the future. Pictured here (L to R): Rich Zangara (Wells Fargo and WFA Trustee), Jonathan Jeans (WFA Vice-President), Lisa Young (WFA Trustee), Karen Manner (WFA Trustee), Bill Apgar (WFA Trustee), Ernie Cottrill (WFA Trustee).
Find WFA on facebook. Click here.
In the News:
Click on the links below to read past Articles from local newspapers and Media:
- “Wells Fargo branch helps raise money for local non-profits.” Read this Article from the Warren Patch, September 3, 2012.
- Brite Nites 2012, the Fall Fundraising event you didn’t want to miss!with over 1,000 carved and lit pumpkins, the spooky Haunted House showcase, and a cafe for treats and goodies. Check out the pictorial at the Warren Patch, courtesy of Terry Boudreau. Read the NJ Monthly magazine article and pictorial in the September 2012 issue. Read the Article from Independent Press Brite Nites 2011.
- End of Year 2011 Garden Preparation Warren Patch, November 27, 2011.
- Noteworthy Neighbor Warren Patch, October 3, 2011.
- Ernie Cottrill’s “Seeds of Hope Award” in NJ Monthly Magazine, August 2009.
- Giving Gardens in the Star Ledger, August 2009.
- Courier News Article, May 20008.
- The Star Ledger, June 2008.
- The Childrens Garden is well on it’s way. Read more in the Somerset Reporter, October 2008.
- Watch the Giving Gardens MSNBC Nightly News video….